Monday, January 23, 2006

Parent's Hope

^^ Ding Ding . . . 4 pm class ended but there was another tutorial class during 6.45pm . . . decided that the tutorial isn't beneficial at all to me so i skipped it and went home .

On the way back . . . i saw the Mother of an old acquaintance . . . i knew this since young till my teenage years

Friend's Mother : (Looking at me wondering why a gangster with a boxing bag smiling at her)
Me: Hello Auntie.

Friend's Mother : Oh hello wenhao , how are you ? Graduating soon ? Hows your sister ? :)
Me: Oh i'm graduating soon and my sister is in the same poly as me in 2nd year . . . by the way how is your son doing now.

Friend's Mother : *Smiled* He ? *Laugh* My son too playful , he doesn't like to study at all . . . attend a private school and dropped out after he flunk year 1.

She continue smiling to me and telling me little things about her son . . . though the conversation was short . . . i could feel dissapointment in her . . . so much that i think i saw tears in her eyes . At that moment i had to go but i was half dazed trying to fully immerse myself in her shoe. Before i left i told her not to worry , her son can still do well in life . I always believe this friend of mine is much intelligent than me but to reduce to such stage and seeing how his life turn out i can only conlude one thing . He himself allow things to happen and not taking control of his own life. Sad to say the environment also play a huge role in narrowing his future making it seems so bleak and dusky. But its alright i'm sure one day he could make it in life.

Every parents wish their son/daughter to do well in life . . . get a good degree , stable job , faithful soulmate , and a blissful marriage . . . ect ect ect the list goes on .

If you have not been noticing how hard your parents has been working try looking at them for a moment . . . the mom and dad u knew might have so much age marks on their face . . .

I've been looking at my Dad every night when i'm on the desktop . . . the longer i look at him the more heartache i feel . . . Those eyes which look after me since i was born till now is surrounded by wrinkles . . . things , people which we grew accustomed to are often the one which has the most value in them and sadly most of the time they are also the ones which tends to be neglected. . . its only when you take time to see what those things you have neglected then you will understand the true value . . .

I've been taking a long time to think . . . a long time in daze to see . . . a long time to feel what has not been felt . . . and a long time to remember those who has been forgotten . . . somehow i'm learning again . . .

Even though you spoke to me . . . i could barely hold one conversation with you . . . the heart just beat harder . . . yet i don't know what to say . . . i still miss you . . .

No comments: