Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I've returned . . . a stronger soul

^^ Hello~ i'm back . . . .

How was it !?!

Let me give brief run through of what i did . . .

Compass Course . . . Guided Navex . . . Checkpoint Manning . . . Exercise Nomad . . . Enemy Role

Of all these . . . Nomad was the worst for me . . . I almost break down during that exercise . . . Our mission was to find 4 check points 1 mid point 1 end point within 3 days . . . The terrain was F**KED up . . . many times i just want to stop walking but i can't . . . my team was lost several times . . . During one night the rain was so bad that i had to stay awake for 6 hours and try to keep myself warm . . . because i never bring my raincoat along with me . . . wet and cold . . . i kept shivering . . . i keep praying that i could last through the night . . . i told myself i need to get the hell out of there . . . i almost break when my team leader had no clue where to go . . . he told me to take the lead then . . . left with no options as hes too tired . . . i took the lead . . . not knowing where i'm heading . . . i just follow with my gut feeling . . . ^^ luckily we found the check point :P

Everything there was upsized . . . cicada as big as my fist . . . green scorpion~ you name it . . . the jungle has it . . .

Even those unseen . . . some men happen to be soo unlucky to see those spirit and they had to be extracted . . .

Most of us heard prayers in the jungle . . . prayers sung by whom ? we got no clue but THERE IS NO WAY WE SHOULD BE HEARING THAT . . . i hear it too . . . and i was quite shocked . . .

There is a saying that none should sleep across a ridge line as its a passage for the departed . . . those who disobeyed will get "disturbed" by those spirits . . . i'm not sure how true this is but none of us dare to try . . . respect the forest or it will eat you alive . . .

I drank quite a bit of river water too . . . haha its pretty cooling but water back here taste better .

I'm glad i'm back . . . really . . . Singapore is a very comfortable place to be in . . . out in Brunei . . . i don't feel so good . . . i only want to return here . . . but this trip has pushed my limits to another level . . .

Time to relax :P

No comments: