Friday, February 23, 2007

I'M CPL AW W H

^^ Passed ! ! ! I've cleared the 28km road march which starts from Thursday 10pm till Friday 5 am plus about 1 hour graduation in Full Battle Order attire immediately after the march . . .

The march was long and tiring . . . i almost want to opt out after 20km . . . because of the terrain we were marching on . . . slopes !!!!!!!!!!!! quite a few opt out of the march during the 24th km . . . . while the rest push on for their final achievement in BSLC . . . i'm glad i did it . . . and only God knows how i did it . . .

I basically don't feel like talking throughout the march . . . my foot is covered with blisters even though i wore two socks . . . coupled with gortex boots . . . my waist was bruised because the load was resting on my waist most of the time . . . during rest points when some of my friends took off their boots we could see smoke . . . yes smoke from their boots LOL . . . even we are emmitting smoke from our body . . . we were very warm and our shirts are soaked wet with our own perspiration . . . one of my bunk mates even got his own boot lace YES BOOT LACES wet with his own perspiration . . . its not easy . . . i haven't caught a good sleep since then till now which is like 9 pm ?

Whats the highlight of the march ? I was the front scout throughtout the march with my GUARDS sergent . . . lol basically we can call this 28km march a "Fast March" there is a big difference between a normal march and a fast one . . . fast march is as if you are running but because of the load you carry you cannot really run but walk very briskly . . .

During the march we pass by NTU hostel . . . a group of very beautiful ladies boarded a cab and went pass us . . . they wave at my platoon mates lol ^^ it did give them some moral boosting . . . some even say jokingly that if they wave again . . . he would dash into the cab ahah ^^

Road marches is a task that requires you to overcome all physical pains and focus on your mental endurance . . . the moment i stop walking all the pain will set it . . . the moment i step on a rocky surface my blister will hurt like hell . . .

I'll continue later . . .

I caught a cold . . . a real bad one . . . now i'm going to see a doctor ^^

No comments: