Friday, October 20, 2006

Field Camp Diary Part 1

Recruit Aw Wen Hao

Day 1
Status : Healthy
Skin Condition : Clean

We did a 8 km march from camp to our first campsite which is like a rubber plantation . . .

Status : Green . . . but my whole uniform is wet . . . not from rain but sweat from my own body
Terrain : Solid Rocks
Vegetation : Some small bushes and rubber trees
Creepy Crawlies Present : Ants , Fire Ants , Spider , Cricket , WILD BOAR ( Freaking BIG )

I had to dug a drainage around my tentage area with my buddy and it took us for like 1-2 hours . . . to dig like 30 cm deep . . .HOLY CRAP the ground is FREAKING HARD PLUS there are many huge roots to keep the soil so intact which really make me tear when i was digging the drainage system . . . seems the toughest part was over but HELL NO . . . its just the beginning of an experience which i will never ever forget ^^ its downright DIRTY AND SMELLY . . . its not those "dirty" when you are a civilian . . . when we talk about dirty in army it means !~!@#!@# . . . i can't describe it to you but just imagine the stench from 1 set of my uniform can make EVEN myself faint just from 1 day activity. . . we are covered with so many rubbish . . . Basically Day 1 we attend lesson . . . sitting on grass and soil while listening to our Sirs giveing lectures . . . pretty easy day . . .

Its pretty hard to sleep on rocks if you ask me . . . and the ground is like slanted 45° . . . but i have to say out of the 7 days . . .the 1st day campsite is the best of all 3 . . . ok i need to go now to send my uniform for washing . . . stay tune for the 2nd day . . . ^^

No comments: